Meet Mickler & Co.
Choosing a design team to work with can really make or break your home design experience. Different folks are looking for all kinds of different characteristics in a designer. Some want a certain designer’s “signature look”. What we offer is a very personal look. YOURS. If you know you want a beautiful home (or office) that reflects you and YOUR style, you’re in the right place.
Our goal as a design team is to help you identify and define your personal interior design style. Once we figure that out, we move on to putting together a home or office that not only inspires you, but reflects where you’ve been, what you love and who you have to share it with.
Rebecca Mickler, Owner
8 (Moderately) Important Facts About Me
- My personal design style changes daily. Well, maybe not daily, but a LOT. I like way too many things that don’t necessarily want to be friends. And once you factor in my husband’s taste, forget about it. So don’t stress if you don’t know your personal style. We’ll figure it out.
- I’m sarcastic and I like to joke around. Sometimes I can be inappropriate and I’ve been known to use the occasional curse word. In a professional setting I tone things down, but when I get excited about something I can’t make any promises. You’ve been warned.
- I’m not judging your home the first time I see it. (I try to wait til at least the second visit.). You’re calling me because you want help pulling things together and if your home belonged on a magazine cover you wouldn’t need me. So relax and stop apologizing for how awful you think it is. If I’m squinting or frowning, it’s just because the wheels are already turning. I tend to look angry when I’m thinking too hard.
- Clients that are open to my suggestions and honest with themselves (and me) about what they like, don’t like or need time to get used to are the happiest clients. Communication is KEY. Listen to your designer. I promise I will listen to you.
- It took a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, 7 years in 2 different commercial architecture firms and 4 years at a home staging company to decide interior design was where I wanted to be. The experiences were invaluable and gave me a pretty cool skill set with which to design your home.
- I hate onions. HATE.
- Elements I love to see in every design are balance, symmetry, appropriate scale and birds. I always find a way to incorporate a bird or owl in every design, somewhere in the space.
- I’m not for everybody. And every client is not for me. If we don’t jive for some reason, we probably won’t work well together.
- I may look young (yes I still get carded) but I’m not. I have a lot of work experience and know what I’m talking about.
- I will work hard to make sure your home design is a reflection of YOU.
- We will work well together if you listen to me.
- Onions = Bad